Monday, March 12, 2012

White lady makes Mexican food and lives to tell the tale...(day 19)

Okay, okay, I've made 'Mexican' food before.  Tacos, burritos, what have you.  I'm not gonna lie, the refried beans I serve my beloved family come from a can.  While the beans are known to retain the shape of the can, they can be mashed up a bit and doctored with a little adobo and salsa.  All I do is adobo the beans, Goya oh boya.

I don't know what possessed me, but I decided that this weekend I was going to kick it up a notch and make cheese enchiladas ~ the ultimate in white people Mexican food.  This task required me to do some browsing on the interwebs to find a recipe and then a little bit of shopping.  My list included three pounds of cheese and you can't hate on that.  The enchiladas turned out great, and even the baby ate them, not one drop wound up in the dog bowl.  In addition to good eating, my husband took the cherubs to the park in the late afternoon, and I was able to stay home alone.  I almost didn't know what to do first: lie on couch, clean bathroom, paint nails.  I worked out the logistics and had a few lovely hours to myself.

Domingo Stats:
Food: 1/2 of chili relleno burrito left over from Friday's take out, pretzels, cheese enchiladas, and as a late night snack: wait for it ~ brussel sprouts
Movement: Removal and application of finger and toe nail polish, vigorous filing of nails, laundering, walking around grocery store (ALONE), reading recipe off computer

No comments:

Post a Comment