Monday, March 19, 2012

Chevrolegs... (day 26)

Nicer than my ride
Just this morning after throwing twenty dollars in the gas tank of my hooptie, p.o.s. saturn, lovely payment-free ride, I realized that gas prices had risen yet again.  I'm sure this occurred well before I noticed, as do most things.  This happens a lot to someone (me) who walks around with their head up their ass most of the time.  Initially this irritated me as it meant I was going to have to visit the gas station sooner than the end of the week to get gas in the eight gallon tank my car currently employs.  Next,  I went right next to the gas station and got in line at the McDonald's drive through for my daily fix of caramel flavored iced-crack iced-coffee.  The medium size runs me $3.11 per day.  For 21 ounces of pure caffeinated joy. 
I never get the whipped cream (unless it's been a rough morning and I deserve to pamper myself)
So everyday I'm forking over more than $3.00 for 21 ounces of crack coffee.  It got me thinking (dangerous in and of itself) about the cost of things I'm purchasing regularly.  So let me break it down: gas is running approximately three and a half dollars a gallon.  If I were to purchase my McCrack by the gallon (do they have that at Costco?) it would cost me just a little bit less than the amount of money I pay for gas at any given time ~ I don't know why I can't make myself put in more than $20 at a time, I just can't.  Anyway, can I honestly complain about the cost of gas when I'm willing to pay the same amount for six times less the amount of liquid?  Or what about the shampoo I'm using?  I pay roughly $7 per bottle for about 12 ounces of shampoo.  If I was buying that by the gallon it would cost me approximately $74, which would be about four trips to the gas station.  I refuse to do the math on the lotions and unguents I'm using on my face (3 oz. at a time).  


My solution ~ drink more of highly addictive liquid crack & get a bus pass.

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  ~Steven Wright

Funday stats:
Food: American cheese, handful of popcorn, iced-coffee, italian bread, pasta w/ red sauce
Movement: Laundering, food shopping, wrestling toddler, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, painting fingernails (yes, I recognize that I'm obsessed with this activity of late)

No comments:

Post a Comment