Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm in charge, of my days, of my nights...(day 33)


I love when I have a realization that works in my favor.  Today was a fabulous Sunday, one in which the entire family packed up our circus and hopped into the clown car for a day at the park.  Once there we met some dear friends and had ourselves a day of not so much sun but lots of fun. It was a potluck picnic and one of my lovely friends brought something that I will forevermore call strawberry delights.  I don't know what they are really called, and I don't really care.  They include sugar cookies, strawberries, cream cheese and LOTS of sugar.  I was hesitant to eat one, because for reasons I cannot quite explain, I've mostly stayed on my 21 day challenge, which was actually over two and a half weeks ago.  I think the main reason I've continued with the challenge is because I like having control over something in my current world.  Anyway, I realized that there was no one other than myself keeping me from having strawberry delights ~ that's right, I'm in charge of this challenge and the length, and the breaks and all that jazz.  It's my own self-imposed restriction, that remarkably I can lift and reapply willy-nilly.  So that's what I'm gonna do ~ go with the flow.  


Sundae stats:
Food: Greek pasta salad, hummus, veggies, fruit, salsa and blue corn tortilla chips, naan, chickpeas, strawberry delights up the wazoo
Movement: Laundering, running around park having a lovely time with all my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment