Saturday, March 10, 2012

Twist and lick...(day 18)

This week was the 100th anniversary of the Oreo cookie.  In order to honor and celebrate America's favorite cookie, I have compiled a short list of what I like most about Oreo's:
  •  They are paradoxical ~ crunchy when they are fresh and soft when they are stale.
  •  They foster differentiation and tolerance ~ there is more than one way to eat them; I like to twist and lick.  People don't seem to find any one way of eating them to be superior.
  •  They are unbiased ~ while they are thought to be the perfect compliment to a glass of milk, they go equally well  dunked in other liquids. I learned this as a small child who was allergic to milk. 
  •  They allow you to say double stuffed.
  • They are cross-cultural ~ they celebrate both Halloween (historically pagan holiday) and Christmas with different colored creams; I remain on the lookout for the elusive Hannukah Oreo.
  •  They are anti-communist ~ I have yet to meet someone who dislikes them ~ if that person does in fact exist, I would suspect them of harboring communistic and anti-social tendencies.
  • They help support the idea that size doesn't matter (one of few instances where this holds true and isn't just something people say to comfort themselves) ~ they come in bite-sized, which allows me to eat ungodly amounts without feeling an ounce of guilt. In addition, the bite-sized ones come in a convenient resealable pouch, allowing for easy transport.
  •  They are long lasting ~ they stick in my teeth, which causes me to suck in the inside of my cheeks, which gives me the opportunity to enjoy my Oreo's well after I have actually consumed them.
I recently bought two packages of these delicious cookies, and while I can't enjoy them due to my almost over 21-day challenge, I have been enjoying them vicariously through the rest of my family.  There has been very little drooling on my part, and I only licked the baby's face that one time.

Faturday stats:
Food: 1/2 of left-over bean and cheese burrito, honey-wheat pretzels, chipotle garden burger, roasted brussel sprouts, grilling beans (this combination may prove disastrous later), vodka and club soda ~ I am on my way out to enjoy these
Movement: Grocery shopping, cleaning two bathrooms and entire house, laundering, binge drinking

No comments:

Post a Comment