Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I don't know nothing bout birthin' no babies...(days 34 & 35)

I began my formal education at the age of four and did not stop until I was thirty two.  Granted there was some time in between class sessions and what not, but basically I went to school for twenty eight years.  I have two bachelor degrees and a master's degree.  That's a whole lotta schooling, and yet I am reduced to idiocy on a daily basis due to the questions my children hurl at me from the time I wake up until the time I lay my large head and severely diminished ego down in my bed. Just like Prissy's character in Gone With The Wind, I must break down and confess continously throughout a day how very little I know. Unlike Prissy, birthin' babies is the least of the things I know so very little about.


"I don't know anything about eating fish eggs."  This was the recent answer to a question that came out of left field from my oldest lovely.  When he was smaller, I used to try and answer the f**kton of all the questions he could think up in his brilliant little mind.  I thought I was fostering a love of knowledge and broadening his horizons.  In actuality, I was encouraging him to keep the questions coming eventually wearing me down with the endless haranguing.  By the time he was five, I had to admit there was some shit I just didn't know.  I thought this would slow him down a bit, but it didn't.  Instead it has led his sister to also believe that I am somehow a source of useless information.  At this point I realize that I am overly educated walking buffoon and I have begun to believe he just asks me stuff to make sure that he's smarter than me.
Spring Break Stats:
Food: Greek pasta salad, hummus, cheese, crackers, dates, strawberries, olives, eggs, toast, granola bar, garden burger, cucumbers, dried pineapple
Movement: Unmaking and remaking all the beds, laundering, scrubbing bathroom walls, cleaning girl lovelies room (3 hour ordeal), chasing toddler around yard, walking to and from tae kwan do school

No comments:

Post a Comment