Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's fooooooood (day 11)

A few years ago, during children/infant medicine recall hoopla, I spoke to my pharmacist about purchasing store-brand medications.  The pharmacist assured me that there was absolutely no difference between the name-brand and the store-brand, other than packaging and price.  Since that time, my entire family has been using store-brand drugs that have clever names like Wal-dryl, Super-phed, and Nytime.

More recently, I've read a ton of articles regarding purchase of store-brand food items.  All articles point towards saving money while not chintzing on taste.  So, I've given it a whirl, specifically with staple items, like cereal.  I have taken to purchasing the cereal that comes in a bag instead of a box and remarkably enough, it tastes the same.  I say this with complete confidence, as I don't eat cereal at all.  The kids don't seem to notice.  I'm not at the point of buying powdered milk (although I don't drink milk either, so it wouldn't matter to me at all), or getting bricks of cheese from old people.  I'm going to consider this a point of pride for someone soon to be unemployed.

Faturday stats:
Food: Eggs, left-over roasted brussel sprouts, crabcakes, goat cheese, raspberry-chipotle salsa, olive salad, hummus, unseemly amount of beaujolais
Movement: Ridiculous amount of laundry, walking around Big-Lots, grocery shopping, playing peek-a-boo with toddler

No comments:

Post a Comment