Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sometimes I'm a Dick...


It happens to me every year.  Thanksgiving passes quietly and happily and then Christmas gets into full swing and shit just hits the floor for me.  I find myself struggling daily to remain upbeat and imbue the Christmas spirit.  I'm short of attention, goodwill and appropriate language.  Happens every year.  Whatevs - maybe I have seasonal defective disorder or some shit.  I don't know, but thankfully something snaps me out of my reverie - is it called reverie when you feel all stabby and pms-y all the time?  So there you have it, my reasoning behind the lack of gratitude coming to you all electronically, from me.  I suck and I'm a dick - do with that what you will.

BUT, there has been some shit.  Shit outside of my realm of proximity, and shit within my sphere that has shaken me up a bit and is throwing the bitchies off my spirit.  And god damn am I grateful for all the piddly shit that trips me up and makes me feel sorry for myself (b/c it's all piddly shit).  I'm such a dick sometimes.  This week has seen the death of a good friend, and some other nonsense that has made me stabby - like I didn't like the tree my husband brought home - really?  Bitch - not only do I HAVE a tree BUT a place to put it.  Have some perspective Asshole.

Ten days left to Christmas spirit the hell out of all three of you (dear readers).  I will bring this shit down.  10 DAYS of gratitude...I'll be all Bill Murray at the end of Scrooged.   All I can say is look sharp people, look sharp.

If you can't handle that....then there's this...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

No comments:

Post a Comment