Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Conversate for a few...

Today I am thankful for the conversations I get to have with one badass little girl named Ella.  To be honest, she mostly does the talking and my role is simply listener.  Recent exchanges with Ella include the following:

Ella: Why do girls have to wear bras?
Me:   Um, because...
Ella:  Is it so their nipples don't glob down?
Me:   Yes, that's exactly it!  Although mommy doesn't have to really worry about that
Ella:  Well some people do, and nobody wants knee nipples.  Ferocious giggling followed by knee nipples said under her breath as she walked away.


Ella: Today in my class we talked about things you can do if there is a stranger trying to take you in a car.
Me: Stranger Danger?
Ella: We didn't call it that, but okay.
Me: What ideas did you have?
Ella: We had a lot of ideas.  I like the idea of screaming as loud as you can and saying NO!
Me: That's a good one.
Ella: Yes, there were a lot of ideas but talking about it made me not comfortable.
Me: You were uncomfortable?
Ella: Yes, talking about it made me feel like I had to fart.


Me: What should we put on your Christmas list?
Ella: Monster High dolls
Me: Don't you have a bunch of those?
Ella: Yes, but many of them are broken
Me:  Broken, well then shouldn't we throw them away?
Ella: No! They're only missing hands, feet and hair

Ella: Knock, knock
Me: Who's there?
Ella: Apple
Me: Apple who?
Ella: Apple
Me: Apple who?
Ella: Orange you glad I didn't say banana? Ferocious giggling followed by orange, banana, apple muttered under her breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment