Thursday, October 25, 2012

First cut is the deepest...


We had a rough start, my Beanie boy and I.  There were many hours of labor, fevers, heart rates and surgery standing in our way.  But though we struggled, we managed to find our way into each others arms and hearts.  The incredible gift of a boy I received nine years ago has made everything about my life better, bigger and brighter.  He has taught me more, already, than I can ever teach him.  When I grow up, I want to be just like him  ~ kind, empathetic, smart, funny, inquisitive, confident.

I get overwhelmed by his soul, and wonder what to say when he shines his light out into the world.  Then I remember - thank you, thank you, thank you.

He is the very best first I've ever had...




1 comment:

  1. He is a glorious boy. But make no mistake--you and Jason gave him some of your light. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete