Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life, liberty and the pursuit of cleanliness...

Ok, so I know I've been doing a piss poor job of keeping up with my newest 40 day challenge, I might need to be more realistic and make it a summer challenge because quite frankly I've got a lot of stuff.  I could really use a Phineas and Ferb summer where there are 104 days of summer vacation, or at the very least I could use a really kick ass platypus spy to hang around with.
I got off to a really good start what with the beginnings of clearing the yard of items best left unsaid, and then I sort of fizzled out.  You know, to have my mental health meltdown and all.  And let me tell you, that was exhausting.  Moving forward I'm going to refer to it as my aura-cleansing because I think it makes me sound productive instead of bat shit crazy (or maybe not?).
This week I began anew.  I started with my work space, and damn was it liberating!  I began slowly and with a sense of purpose, determined to put things neatly in boxes that I would keep and recycle the rest.  But once I started putting things in the recycle bin, I couldn't stop myself and just went frigging nuts and got rid of much of the flotsam of my working life.  After having filled up no less than three recycle bins, I felt high.  Not a marijuana high, because I didn't need a nap or cheesy snacks, but a 'I just ran 10 miles and can still stand up' high.  The feeling followed me home and I went back to work on the yard.  I threw away miscellaneous beat up toys, many tree limbs and two broken patio chairs.  Then I spent a little time in the garage, which nearly paralyzes me with fear, and threw away unused, unwanted, useless baby items, and the base to a coffee table that no longer has a top.  HELL YES!

Besides the 'I'm on a cleaning frenzy' high, the week also brought a job offer and acceptance as well a few steps closer to end of this f**king pit of despair current school year.  Bring it summer, I'm ready!
Oh, and I decided to start keeping track of what I've eaten and done physically again, because I think it's good for me to do so, and oddly I found that people liked reading about what I was eating. 

Recycling stats:
Food: Caramel light frappucino ~ I have a genuine distrust of these baristas and whether or not they are really providing me with non-fat milk, and yet I can't keep away, 1/2 breakfast burrito, mango salsa, tortilla chips, muenster cheese, 2 Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares, vietnamese soup ala Annie Chun, granola bar
Movement: Tracking down fourth graders to complete reading testing, keeping eyes open and head up during reading testing, waltzing around playground to avoid tattle telling first graders, sweeping my concrete patio, chasing rambunctious toddler around soccer field for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment