Sunday, September 30, 2012

I got a head full of ideas that are driving me insane...


I used to live with these two guys, one who was home a lot more often than the other.  After having me as a roommate for approximately three weeks, the stay at home guy (read: unemployed, video game playing for 15 hours a day guy) told me I was limited to three questions a day.  As it turns out, I ask a lot of questions, which could be considered extremely charming, or mind numbingly exhausting ~ think of a 3 year old who has recently learned the word 'why'.  His request didn't make me stop asking questions, it just made me more strategic about putting as many questions into one single phrase at a time.  


Having spent the past few days with regular football refs back on the job, I have the following questions ~ please note there may be more than three:

1. Before their lockout, didn't everyone hate the regular ref's too?
2. Why was this the one union that Romney/Paul were interested in getting back to work?
3. Anyone realize that Verizon workers were without a contract for almost a year?  You know those guys that went in after 9-11 to do clean up and get communications up and running & many of whom are suffering from lung issues now?  
4. Anyone able to tell me why I saw not one mention of the Chicago teacher's union strike on social media, but an endless litany about the poor calls made by the scab refs?


5. Do people honestly believe that unions are out for just themselves?  Or that teachers, cops and firemen are in it for the money and not the ability to help out their communities?
6. Does anyone else hate football as much as I do?





3 comments:

  1. I could just say Amen and leave it at that. But, given that I, too, like to ask lots of questions, I'll say a bit more. 1) *I* did mention the Chicago Teachers Strike on FB, several times, and mostly like this: Why doesn't anyone care about the Chicago teachers' strike? And when did the country become so anti-union? 2) Oh, what the hell--Amen to the rest. I wish I could answer your questions, but I just keep coming up with questions and not answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I'm sorry I didn't realize you asked about CPS strike - apparently this begs the question: why aren't *I* doing a better job at reading your stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an excellent question, and it bears some diligent inspection. :) (I think I should mention that I love that you think of me as "Katie." I'm sure this is because J thinks of me that way. Cool.)

    ReplyDelete